How To Create A Video Marketing Strategy That Can Drive Value
Video content is now recognized as an integral part of any digital marketing strategy. It’s a lot harder than simply getting approvals, budgets and content ideas in place though. How you reach your target audience, capture attention and convert prospects is what matters.
Here are a few ideas from the team at Soliman Productions, based on our extensive experience with customers across DC, on what you can do to make your video marketing strategy competent, affordable and successful.
- Define your goals: What sort of video do you want to create? An educational one? One that is entertaining as well as practical? One that talks about your brand’s story? What do you want your audience takeaway to be?
- Put together an outline: What is the scope of your video production work? Will these videos be used internally or externally? Do you want individual videos for specific products, departments or functions? These ‘content pillars’ become an integral part of your video marketing plan, and help define what kind of videos tell these stories best.
- Assign responsibilities: An in-house videographer may be able to accomplish a number of things, but it makes sense to get an experienced professional when it comes to something as crucial as brand identity. Video marketing budgets should also acknowledge that a successful plan outlines responsibilities for concepts, scripts, approvals, logistics, and distribution.
- Hosting your content: So your videos are ready. Will they be hosted on your company website or a public distribution channel like YouTube? Your decision has a direct impact on conversions, SEO-optimization and search rankings.
- Measure performance: There’s no point creating a video if you have no KPIs in place for measuring its impact on your site and business. Video is extremely easy to measure, which is a great thing because it can define how successful your video marketing plan is on the basis of metrics that can track every aspect of its performance. Attention spans, drop-off rates, click through rates and total consumption are all effective measurement tools.
There are a number of things to focus on while creating a video marketing strategy, and every aspect of it can boost business growth if deployed well. For more information on video production and video marketing in DC, contact the team at Soliman Productions and find out how we can help you create videos that work to your company’s advantage.