A Pre-Production Checklist for Great Corporate Videography
Video production is an integral part of any marketing plan, but can also be stressful if you’re not sure about what you want. There are a lot of studies and statistics about the effectiveness of video marketing, but little on the actual video production process.
Soliman Productions has had the opportunity to work with businesses across DC for years, and we recommend this pre-production check-list to ensure great corporate videography:
1. Understand your audience: The first step towards video production is identifying and defining who your audience is, to create more targeted video content.
2. Specify your message: What do you want your video to say? The more specific your message, the more effective your video can be.
3. Look at the budget: This gives you a better idea of what can and cannot be accomplished within your specific goals.
4. Work on your script: All good video production starts with a script that is written and re-written to make the actual shoot a lot less stressful.
5. Try and be brief: The average attention span is just 8.5 seconds. If your video doesn’t get to the point quickly, you stand to lose your audience’s attention.
6. Specify length: Video production should look at conversion and completion metrics. Don’t create a 10-minute video for what one that lasts 2 minutes can do.
7. Authenticity matters: Audiences trust experts, not actors, and peers over advertisements. Keep that in mind while working on pre-production.
8. Break it down: A storyboard and shot-by-shot list of every scene can give you a pretty good idea of the final product.
9. Production schedules help: This shows if your video production is going according to plan. Always overestimate the time you will need, and think about whether you need a studio or location shoot. Check locations in advance, and determine what equipment you will need.
10. Talent management: This involves creating a call sheet for everyone involved, short-listing talent and setting up rehearsals.
93% of marketers now use video in their campaigns, with 82% confirming that it has made a positive impact on their business. If you’re looking for a video production company in DC that recognizes the challenges of an effective video marketing plan, get in touch with Soliman Productions today. Our team will be more than happy to help you with suggestions, recommendations or anything that can help your corporate videography be more effective.